- Why are you touching my personal property?
We are contractually obligated to complete an accurate inventory of such personal effects or property and securely store such property for up to 30 days.
- Why do I have to pay to get MY own personal property back?!
Please understand that there is a hard cost for us to inventory, and store your personal property while it is in our possession.
- I paid my finance company and a release has been sent to you. Why do I have to wait to get my vehicle back?
Please understand that we have a contractual obligation to your finance company to thoroughly process your vehicle post repossession. This includes but not limited to: Vehicle condition report, inventory of all personal belongings in the vehicle, pictures, inventory list of personal property.
We strive to make same day appointments; however, sometimes it may require at least a 24 hour notice to be able to properly process the vehicle and pull the vehicle to make it accessible for redemption.
- My vehicle just got repossessed, what do I do now?
If you are trying to redeem your vehicle, you will have to get in contact with your finance company and make arrangements with them. Midnight Express does not dictate whether you get your car back or how long it stays on our lot.
If you are only trying to retrieve your personal property, please go to midnightsexpressrepo.com and click on the “make an appointment” tab.
- Why are your business hours listed as Monday through Thursday from 10:00am – 5:00pm and Friday 9:30am – 3:30pm, but I can only make an appointment between certain hours.
We start and stop our appointment times an hour before to ensure we have enough time in the day to handle all our paperwork. We understand that this can be a huge inconvenience to people, but it is necessary for us.
- Why didn’t you notify me before you picked up my car or knock on my door at the time of repossession?
Please understand that collateral recovery can be very dangerous to the Recovery Agent performing the repossession. All our Agents are trained to avoid any type of contact while performing their duties to ensure their safety.
- Why can’t I take the property out of the car myself?
While that would save us a lot of time and money, unfortunately it is not possible. Aside from the liability of allowing people on our lot, we are required by the state to make an inventory of the belongings and store them for 30 days.
- How did you open my car without a key?
As a trained Recovery Agency, we use lock out tools that allow us to gain access to your vehicle.
- How do you dispose of important documents such as birth certificates and social security cards?
As part of our inventory process, we put all personal documents / inventoried personal property in heavy duty bags and tag them for identification. If the property is not redeemed after the 30 days, we use a private dumpster/shredder to destroy on site all the NPI property.
- I have aftermarket products such as wheels on my vehicle, can I retrieve them?
If your aftermarket product is attached to the vehicle, it stays on the vehicle. Midnight Express will not release anything that is permanently attached to the vehicle.
- Where are you storing my personal property? Is it secure?
All personal property is stored in a secure area that is always locked and monitored with security cameras. Only management and lot attendant has access to the property room.
- How many days does my vehicle stay on your lot for?
Midnight Express does not control how long a vehicle stays on our lot. Your finance company determines when the vehicle will leave our lot.
- Can you mail me my personal property?
Midnight Express does not mail personal property. Your property will have to be picked up at our location with a valid ID.
- Can you deliver my car back to me?
Midnight Express does not deliver vehicles back to customers. All redemption’s need to be done at our facility.
- What forms of ID’s do you accept?
Midnight Express only accepts valid state/government issued identification. School/work ID’s will not be accepted.
- I can’t make the appointment to pick up my personal property, can I send someone else in my place?
Midnight Express does not release vehicles to anyone other than the customers on the account unless the lender provides written consent to do so.
- I can’t make the appointment to redeem my vehicle, can I send someone else in my place?
Midnight Express will only release personal property to the customers on the account or a 3rd Party with the handwritten consent letter by the customers on the account with a state / government issued ID attached to the handwritten consent letter and to only a specified person. That person will need to provide their state / government issued ID at time of appt